There is a strong tradition of local charities in the constituency. From Voluntary Action Rutland to Macmillan and CLIC Sargent cancer nurses, the area is a cradle for the Big Society.
The dedication of everyone involved in local charities and everyone who gets involved and volunteers to help out, helps make Rutland and Melton the places they are. It's part of the fabric of the place and Alan does what he can to encourage and promote the causes in the local area.
- September 22, 2014 Alan meets Young Social Action Ambassador
- September 22, 2014 Alan meets 'Hard Pressed' volunteers
- September 22, 2014 Alan calls for action on Church bats
- April 25, 2014 Alan marks World Malaria Day
- March 24, 2014 Alan backs Good Neighbours Scheme