There is a strong tradition of local charities in the constituency. From Voluntary Action Rutland to Macmillan and CLIC Sargent cancer nurses, the area is a cradle for the Big Society.
The dedication of everyone involved in local charities and everyone who gets involved and volunteers to help out, helps make Rutland and Melton the places they are. It's part of the fabric of the place and Alan does what he can to encourage and promote the causes in the local area.
- May 13, 2013 Alan visits Wing Grange
- September 30, 2012 Alan supports bid for cricket development
- August 10, 2012 Merlin meets Alan
- June 1, 2012 Alan visits Change Agents
- November 7, 2011 Alan calls for Poppy Pride