Environment and Farming
Rutland and Melton is a constituency famed for its countryside and its produce. Melton Mowbray has its Pork Pies and Stilton Cheese; Rutland Water speaks for itself as a nature reserve and tourist destination.
The countryside and villages are as picturesque as any in England, but is also full of farmland which is a significant part of our economy.
The constuction of wind farms is controversial and raises big issues. The needs of the environment worldwide and locally need not conflict if these decisions take into account views of the residents who live near proposed sites.
- April 26, 2016 Alan secures playground guarantee
- March 22, 2016 Alan welcomes Houghton on the Hill planning decision
- March 16, 2016 Alan praises Brentingby Dam
- December 15, 2015 Alan welcomes Woolfox Wind Farm rejection
- November 12, 2015 Alan welcomes Thorpe Satchville turbine rejection