Rutland and Melton have active and dynamic private sectors. Growth of small businesses is vital even when economic times are good. When the public sector is being cut back, it is even more important to nurture the private sector.
Schemes like the Digital Rutland project to bring fast broadband to the most isolated parts of the county are strongly supported by Alan. Similarly, the announcement that the former Ashwell Prison site is to become a business park was widely welcomed.
Alan's experience in business means he is ideally placed to fight for small businesses.
- February 4, 2013 Alan calls for Rutland addresses
- October 16, 2012 Alan Visits Pera
- October 8, 2012 Alan Duncan supports Town Partners Bids
- June 15, 2012 Alan signs town centre charter
- May 24, 2012 Alan welcomes Digital Rutland launch