Police and Justice
The whole of the constituency falls in the Leicestershire County and Rutland Constabulary, headed by Chief Constable Simon Cole.
Sir Clive Loader was elected as the region's first Police and Crime Commissioner in November 2012, replacing the old Police Authority. Alan will work closely with Sir Clive to ensure that the fight against both rural and urban crime is maintained.
We are lucky that the area is relatively low in crime, but the Ministry of Justice, Police and Crime Commissioner and the Chief Constable have difficult strategic decisions to make and work with the limited resources they have.
Alan will continue to represent consituents' views to those making these decisions.
- February 20, 2013 Alan meets Sir Clive Loader
- September 27, 2012 Alan welcomes burglar sentencing
- September 6, 2012 Alan welcomes Ferries' release
- February 13, 2012 Court victory for Rutland
- January 14, 2011 Alan praises Citizens Advice Bureau staff